To fix low disk space warning in Windows 7, you should first know how and when it shows waring. Sometimes when you are using your computer, a little bubble come out showing low disk space, which means your partition is full, and there's not enough space to store new data, if the file is large.
System partition will often meet this alert; also it can happen to data partition. When you find this alert come out, you may run WIN+E to see each partition how many space left. If some of the partition shows in red color, you may delete some not often use files to free up space, or you may use disk management tool to redistribute disk space.
Many ways can help to solve Windows 7 data partition running out of disk space problem. If this alert is not in system partition, it doesn't matter; system performance will not be infected. But it's not a good idea to feel relieved on seeing C Drive is OK, data partition, for example music partition, is often used, and will store new file in the future. The following tips may help in some way.
1. If some partition has more free space, you can move files in low disk space partition to it. Data partition file moving is safe by using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. then Ctrl+D to delete the original file, and don't forget to final delete the file in recycle bin
2. Uninstall not often used file. Regularly, we may install many applications when we buy a new pc, but as time goes by, some software actually don't run much which will consume much disk space at the same time, uninstall them to free up space is a good and efficient idea.
3. If all the disk partitions are full, and not files can be deleted. You can add one more disk and repartitioning it to store new data.
What we mentioned above is low disk space alert in data partition, what about system partition facing low disk space issue, because this is what we often meet.
If you ignore the problem, computer performance will be slow and it won't response on clicks or types. Plans on solving the same problem in data partition will not work for system drive partition, wrong deletion in C Drive may cause serious result.
Redistribution is the right way to fix low disk space in Windows 7
1.Run Disk Management
2. Before you go on clicking, you should know, shrink partition is not the right way to extend system partition, because the unallocated space after Shrink Volume is not in the right position to Extend Volume of C Drive. You can only Delete Volume on the right position partition: D partition to make free space.
3. If D partition can be deleted, click on D partition to Delete Volume, then Extend Volume by right click on C partition. Follow the guide to complete.
Maybe you already find that it's complicate to extend system partition by Disk Management, as a partition magic alternative software, Disk Partition Extender is the right tool to extend system partition with few clicks. OK, let's start.
1. Run Partition Extender, or get it from here. In the disk map, you can see detail info of you disk partitions. No worry on the limitations on Disk Management, just click on System partition to extend.
2. Click the Right Arrow to do maximum extension, if other partitions are of much free space, we recommend this one, fast and easy; or manually distribute space by shake the handle above, also easy to operate, no other skills or computer terms require. What you see is what you got
3. When you finished redistribution. Click OK to commit the operations.